Original recipe of the week: Blue cheese stuffed dates wrapped in Parma hamCultureFood & DrinksInterviews & Recipes
Finger food is the best type of food when it comes to the party season. Whether it is for a dinner party starter, canapés or a tapas style dinner… it works.
The combination of rich ham, sweet dates and the salty blue cheese will let off a taste explosion in your mouth like no other. Either eat cold, or warm through in the oven for five minutes or so for an extra-indulgent treat.
Blue cheese stuffed dates wrapped in Parma ham
Prep time/cook time: 5-10 minutes
What you will need:
1 pack of fresh Medjool Dates
150g Blue cheese of your choice (we suggest Saint Agur or Roquefort)
2 packs of Parma ham
What you need to do:
- First you need to take the cheese out of the packet and place into a bowl. Give this a mash-up with a fork to loosen the texture to enable you to stuff into the dates.
- Next remove the dates and all of the stones from inside by making a slit in the centre.
- Make sure that the slit in the centre is big enough to stuff each date. Fill each hole with the cheese.
- When all dates are stuffed you can start to wrap in the ham.
- The easiest way to do this is remove a slice of ham from the pack and place on a clean surface. Place the stuffed date at one end of the ham slice and wrap round. Continue to roll until all of the ham is wrapped around the date.
- You can eat the stuffed dates straight away like this, or simply place in a hot oven for around five minutes so that the ham crisps up and the cheese melts slightly.
- Now all you need to do is serve how you wish, and enjoy.