Original recipe of the week: Courgette salad with mint and lemonCultureFood & DrinksInterviews & Recipes
Courgette isn’t a normal vegetable that you use in a salad, and is often forgotten about or just used with risotto or in the ratatouille. But with the right ingredients, it makes a perfect, fresh, tasty and light salad – great eaten alone or as an accompaniment to any dish.
Courgette salad with mint and lemon
What you will need:
1 packet of mint
2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Rock salt and cracked black pepper to season
What you need to do:
- Finely slice all of the courgettes with a vegetable peeler until you have a bowl-full or ribbons.
- Next, add the chopped garlic to a frying pan with a little oil and fry until caramelised.
- Add the garlic to the rest of the olive oil and mix.
- Pour the oil and garlic over the courgette, and finely chop the mint. Add this in next.
- Slice the lemon in half, and squeeze all the juice over the courgette and combine, making sure that every ribbon is covered.
- Now simply season to taste and enjoy.