David Gandy’s Blue Steel Appeal for Comic ReliefFashion & Lifestyle
Comic Relief will be upon us shortly and if you haven’t seen the t-shirts, red noses and other paraphernalia relating to Comic Relief, where have you been? If you want to get involved with a project that is raising money for Comic Relief, David Gandy’s Blue Steel Appeal may be for you.
David Gandy launched the Blue Steel Appeal – a series of events and initiatives to help fundraise through fashion for Comic Relief – back in January. From 7th until 17th March there is a fashion extravaganza taking place on eBay. The world’s biggest fashion icons are coming together to fundraise for Red Nose Day. Some of the names included are: David Gandy, Claudia Schiffer, Victoria Beckham, Roland Mouret, Kate Moss, Christopher Kane, Dolce & Gabbana, Thom Sweeney, Philip Treacey, Louis Vuitton, GQ and Rankin.
Some of the prizes on offer during the 11 days include:
- Lunch at the “by invitation only” Louise Vuitton apartment complete with butler.
- A day on set with David Gandy in the USA shooting his Lucky Jeans campaign.
- Spend time with the team at Roland Mouret.
- A Kate Moss Longchamp handbag.
- Tickets to Victoria Beckham’s SS14 ready to wear show in New York.
- Iconic framed photograph of Claudia Schiffer for Guess by Ellen Von Unwerth signed by the model and photographer.
- Help British menswear designer Patrick Grant behind the scenes at his LCM fashion show for E. Tautz.
- Create your own bespoke suit with Thom Sweeney.
- Sit for your own portrait with iconic photographer Rankin.
These are just a selection of items that will be available. Throughout the week new items will be added until 16th March. Fashion sellers on eBay are encouraged to donate their proceeds to Comic Relief during this time as well.
However, if you feel you can’t afford to get involved with these auctions, it is definitely worth buying a Comic Relief t-shirt. It has been designed once again by Stella McCartney and some of the designs include The Beatles, Tommy Cooper, Marilyn Monroe and Stella’s BFF Kate Moss. Prices vary with children’s t-shirts starting at £5.99, with at least £2.50 going to Comic Relief. Adults t-shirts start at £9.99 and at least £5 will go to Comic Relief, and the fashion range, priced at £14.99, will have at least £8 going to Comic Relief. They are available from TK Maxx stores as well as on their website.
This year Comic Relief is all about doing something funny for money. Head over to eBay from 7th March and donate as much as you can. You never know, you could end up watching Victoria Beckham’s SS14 show and how amazing would that be? If you don’t win any of the prizes, at least you know your money is going to a great cause.