Original recipe of the week: Bulgur wheat and quinoa tabbouleh with sour creamCultureFood & DrinksInterviews & Recipes
When summer sprang upon us early this week, we really got in the mood for some healthy grub and what could be better than a high-in-protein, low-in-fat light summer salad? Yummy and delicious, the sour cream adds a much-needed richness to this fresh tasting dish. Simply enjoy alone or with anything you fancy, it’s the perfect meal for one.
Bulgur wheat and quinoa tabbouleh with sour cream
Preparation time: 20 minutes
What you will need:
½ vegetable stock cube and 3 cups of water
25g of Bulgur wheat
25g of Quinoa
A handful of fresh mint leaves – chopped
½ lemon juice
Handful of parsley – chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Sour cream to serve
What you need to do:
- Boil some water and add a vegetable stock cube to it, stir and leave to dissolve.
- Place the Bulgur wheat and Quinoa in a bowl and mix and add in the stock.
- Give it another mix, cover, and leave to stand for 10 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the Bulgur and Quinoa have puffed up.
- Now stir with a fork to separate and add in the chopped mint, parsley, lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now simply give it a gentle mix through and enjoy with a dollop of sour cream. Yummy.