Original recipe of the week: Chocolate oat trufflesCultureFood & DrinksInterviews & Recipes
Chocolate oat truffles
Prep time: 20 mins
What you will need:
100g softened unsalted butter
50g porridge oats
50g caster sugar
Dusting of icing sugar
What you need to do:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl till thoroughly mixed together.
- Work the butter into the mixture (it’s easier to use your hands!) until you have a thick, cement-like texture that is mouldable.
- Roll the truffle mixture into small balls (about the size of golf balls) and set aside.
- On a separate plate, pour a little icing sugar, then roll the truffle balls so that they are lightly coated.
- Chill the dusted truffles in the fridge for half an hour or so, and voilà! Delicious and suitably naughty treats to make up for a truly disappointing May.