How to create the perfect summer smoky eye
Smoky eyes are a staple of the beauty world. It is a go-to, timeless look that suits all eyes and ages. This classic, mysterious look is great for experimenting so we’ve created two looks to help you create the perfect summer smoky eye.
This is a very soft smoky eye with a little touch of colour to make it pop. Planning a day at the beach? This is the look for you.
- Prep your eyes with a primer and apply a blue eyeshadow in the corner of your eye towards the middle of your eyelid. This is Essence Simply Me but you can use deeper blues or aquas.
- Use a soft brush to sweep a warm brown colour over the rest of your eyelid and in the crease. This is Makeup Revolution’s Redemption Palette Iconic 3 in shade 9.
- For a little shimmer, apply a golden colour on the middle of your lid and blend with the blue. This is MUA Undressed shade 6.
- Use a darker brown for your outer v and crease. This is MUA Undressed shade 8. Finish your look with highlighter, eyeliner, and mascara as you see fit.
For this look we are adding a little shine and shimmer to the classic smoky eye. Glitter eyeshadows are perfect for this season as the summer sun adds a little sparkle. This is a deeper, warmer smoky eye for hot summer nights that sparkles and shines.
- Having applied a primer, sweep a black eyeshadow along the top and bottom of your lash lines. This is MUA Undressed shade 11.
- Apply a sparkling gold all over your lid. Optionally, apply a slightly darker colour on the outer corner of your lid. These are Shade 6 and 7 from MUA Undressed.
- Define your outer V and crease with a dark mocha colour such as Revolution’s Redemption Iconic 3 shade 12. Sweep along the bottom lash line for a more intense look.
- Finish with eyeliner and mascara.