Top 10: backpacks for autumn
September is here and as the kids head back to school it’s time get nostalgic and inject some of your childhood fashion into your autumn/winter wardrobe with a stylish but practical rucksack.
The most sensible of bags, the rucksack used to be for high-schoolers and mountain hikes, but as the 90s trend continues to rule the fashion world and 70s style makes a reappearance, the backpack is set to be an autumn staple. Check out our top 10 picks for the cooler months:
- River Island, £20: black is the easiest colour to wear but to keep this rucksack from being boring, River Island added a gold trim and patent detail which gives it a chic and stylish finish, making it perfect for the office.
- New Look, £19.99: in contrast, this super sweet pastel pink number has the classic rucksack shape but the soft colour and simplicity of it keeps it modern and cool; ideal for a day out shopping.
- Whistles, £147.50: the priciest of the 10, this metallic rucksack from Whistles is glam enough for evening or can add some charm and glitz to an everyday ensemble.
- Boohoo, £18: tassels are remaining on trend throughout autumn but to keep your backpack current, pick an autumnal shade such as this rich red or a forest green.
- H&M, £24.99: tan and brown are key colours this season as the 70s trend is still going strong. Pair skinny flares and a crop top with this bag for a nod to the festival vibe.
- Skinnydip, £30: to brighten up your day, you could go for this vibrant cobalt blue rucksack from quirky accessories brand Skinnydip – also available in a soft grey for a more subtle look.
- Accessorize, £35: you can always rely on Accessorize to bring out a versatile and on-trend bag and this super cute white mini rucksack is just that!
- John Lewis, £39: to spice things up go for an animal print backpack like this square one from John Lewis. It’s the perfect shape and size for everything from laptops to books.
- Marks and Spencer, £39.50: a casual and high quality design from M&S with a detailed jacquard print full of autumnal colours and made of faux leather.
- Fiorelli, £48: this chic blue backpack from Fiorelli can also be used as regular handbag or even a shoulder bag making it suitable for all occasions.