Win two tickets for Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband
The Upcoming has two tickets to give away for a new production of Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband at London’s Vaudeville Theatre, directed by Jonathan Church.
This entertaining and ever-topical play – the Rolls-Royce of English comedies – brings an act of political sin into the heart of the English home. As an ambitious government minister, Sir Robert Chiltern’s smooth ascent to the top seems assured until Mrs Cheveley appears in London with damning proof of his previous financial chicanery.
The talented ensemble cast includes real-life father and son Edward (The Audience, West End; The Day of the Jackal, ITV) and Freddie Fox (The Judas Kiss, West End; Cucumber & Banana, Channel 4/E4), Olivier Award-nominated Frances Barber (Silk, BBC; Antony and Cleopatra, Shakespeare’s Globe), Olivier Award-winner Nathaniel Parker (This House, West End; Wolf Hall, West End & Broadway), Sally Bretton (Not Going Out, BBC; King Lear, Shakespeare’s Globe) and Susan Hampshire (Forsyte Saga, Monarch of the Glen, BBC).
★★★★ Guardian “Ever topical… brilliant!”
★★★★ The Telegraph “Incredibly Funny”
★★★★ Independent “Enchantingly comic”
★★★★ Evening Standard “Masterful performances”
★★★★ London Theatre “beautifully played and cast… a stellar joy”
An Ideal Husband is at the Vaudeville Theatre from 20th April until 14th July 2018. For more information visit Classic Spring Theatre Company’s website here.
Photos: Marc Brenner
For a chance to win a pair of tickets for Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband at the Vaudeville Theatre take a minute to answer the question below, follow us on Instagram here and send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your full name, address and mobile number by Sunday 10th June 2018 at 11.59pm. We will cross check your name in the list of Instagram followers.
In which year was Wilde’s An Ideal Husband originally written?
A second entry will be allowed if you subscribe to our mailing list here.
Terms & conditions:
- Closing date is Sunday 10th June 2018 at 11.59pm.
- This promotion is open to UK residents only.
- Prize is a pair of band A tickets for Oscar Wilde’s An Ideal Husband at the Vaudeville Theatre, valid for a Monday to Thursday performance until 28th June 2018, subject to availability. No cash alternative. Travel and accommodation not included.
- One winner will be chosen and contacted on Monday 11th June 2018 at 10.00am.
- The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.