Win tickets to the RSC’s comedy Don Quixote in the West End
The Upcoming has a pair of tickets to the RSC’s comedy Don Quixote at the Garrick Theatre in London’s West End. We rated the show a 5-star “comic masterpiece“, and now we are giving you the chance to see for yourself.
Mail on Sunday
The Times, Telegraph, FT, Guardian, Metro, Time Out
“Saddle Up for a Knight to Remember” (The Times)
After a lifetime of reading books on chivalry, one eccentric old man heads off on a rumbustious quest to become a wandering knight accompanied by his faithful and equally ill-suited servant, “riotously performed by David Threlfall as Don Quixote and Rufus Hound as Sancho Panza” (The Times).
Taking up a lance and sword, Don Quixote sets out on a hilarious journey across medieval Spain, defending the helpless and vanquishing the wicked. Hopelessly unprepared and increasingly losing his grip on reality, with each calamitous adventure the two hapless heroes experience, the romantic ideal of Quixote’s books seems further away than ever.
Following its sell-out run at the Swan Theatre in Stratford-upon-Avon in 2016 to mark the 400th anniversary of Cervantes’ death, the Royal Shakespeare Company’s “joyous” (Guardian) production of this legendary comic novel is told by a company of 20 actors accompanied by a band of live musicians.
Adapted for the stage by James Fenton and directed by Angus Jackson, this “magical” (Telegraph) production has opened to critical acclaim at the Garrick Theatre, playing until 2nd February 2019.
To book tickets (from £10), visit the website here.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets to Don Quixote at the Garrick Theatre take a minute to answer the question below, follow us on Instagram here and send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your full name, address and mobile number by Sunday 9th December 2018 at 11.59pm. We will cross check your name in the list of Instagram followers.
In which century was Cervantes’ Don Quixote originally published?
a) The 16th century
b) The 17th century
c) The 18th century
A second entry will be allowed if you subscribe to our mailing list here.
Terms & conditions:
- Closing date is Sunday 9th December 2018 at 11.59pm.
- This promotion is open to UK residents only.
- Prize is 1 x pair of Band A tickets to Don Quixote at the Garrick Theatre, valid from 1st to 22nd January 2019 for Monday to Thursday performances, subject to availability. No cash alternative. Travel and accommodation not included. Photography by Manuel Harlan © RSC.
- One winner will be chosen and contacted on Monday 10th December 2018 at 10.00am.
- The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Your name, address and mobile number will be used exclusively for contacting you if you win the competition.