Win tickets to see critically acclaimed Emilia at the Vaudeville Theatre
1609. I AM EMILIA.
WRITER. WIFE. LOVER. MOTHER. MUSE.
400 years ago Emilia Bassano wanted her voice to be heard. It wasn’t. Could she have been the “Dark Lady” of Shakespeare’s sonnets? What of her own poems? Why was her story erased from history?
Emilia and her sisters reach out to us across the centuries with passion, fury, laughter and song. Listen to them. Let them inspire and unite us.
Celebrate women’s voices through the story of this trailblazing, forgotten woman.
Stand up and be counted.
2019. WE ARE EMILIA.
Shakespeare’s Globe’s “extraordinarily rousing new play”, which met with “whoops, cheers, belly laughs, a standing ovation” (Time Out), now explodes at the Vaudeville theatre. An all-female cast playing both hers and hims rouses “audiences into a pitch of fervour” (The Guardian) in a “magnificent production” (The Stage) filled with “wit, fierce intelligence and heady intensity” (The Times).
Emilia is at the Vaudeville Theatre from 8th March until 15th June 2019. For further information or to book tickets (from £20 during previews) call 0330 333 4814 or visit the show’s website here.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets to Emilia at the Vaudeville Theatre take a minute to answer the question below, follow us on Twitter here and send your answer to email@example.com together with your full name, address and mobile number by Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 11.59pm. We will cross check your name in the list of Twitter followers.
At which London theatre did Emilia have its original run?
a) Vaudeville Theatre
b) Her Majesty’s Theatre
c) Shakespeare’s Globe
A second entry will be allowed if you subscribe to our mailing list here.
Terms & conditions:
- Closing date is Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 11.59pm.
- This promotion is open to UK residents only.
- Prize is 1 x a pair of Band A tickets to Emilia at the Vaudeville Theatre. Tickets are valid for Monday to Thursday performances from 8th until 31st March 2019, subject to availability. No cash alternative. Travel and accommodation not included.
- One winner will be chosen and contacted on Monday 4th March 2019 at 12.00pm.
- Winning attendees must be aged 16 and over.
- The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Your name, address and mobile number will be used exclusively for contacting you if you win the competition.