Win a pair of tickets to Open East FestivalCompetitions
The Open East Festival opens this weekend, produced by the Barbican and Create London, with music, food, theatre and family fun in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. The packed programme on 27th and 28th July will mark the first anniversary of the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The north area of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will open up to thousands of people for a busy weekend of entertainment and activity, art and food, arranged by the Barbican and Create London. There will be a host of international music acts, theatre, the Real Food Festival, the Art Car Boot Fair and much more, before a spectacular finale closes each day.
We are offering a pair of tickets for Saturday 27th July, with the following lineup:
Barbican Music Stage in association with Time Out
1.45pm Soul Caribbean
3pm Ondatropica featuring Quantic and Frente Cumbiero
4.15pm Guy Barker Big Band
6pm Mali Foli – a journey through Malian music with Amadou & Mariam, Vieux Farka Touré, Fatoumata Diawara and Cheick Tidiane Seck
8pm The Waterboys
Caught by the River stage
2.15pm Travis Elborough on London Bridge in America
2.45pm Michael Smith on the life in the Unreal City
3.15pm Bob Stanley & Pete Paphides on the history of pop music
3.45pm Trevor Moss & Hannah-Lou
4.30pm Jeb Loy Nichols
5.30pm The Rockingbirds
6.30pm DJ Rhys Webb (The Horrors)
7.30pm Charlie Boyer & The Voyeurs
8.30pm Stealing Sheep
Tickets are only £9.50 for adults, £6.00 for children, with under 5s going free, and are available here. The London Legacy Development Corporation, the Barbican and Create London are giving our readers a special opportunity to win a pair of tickets to the first day at Open East Festival on Saturday 27th July . To enter simply answer the question below and send your answer to email@example.com together with your full name, address and preferred performance (if you have one). The competition ends 26th June 2013 at 5pm.
British country-rock band The Rockingbirds (performing on the Caught by the River Stage at the Open East Festival on Saturday) originally formed in…
The editorial unit
Terms & conditions:
- This promotion is open to UK residents only.
- Closing date is Thursday 26th July 2013 at 5.00pm BST.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated; the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- A winner will be picked at random and contacted as soon as possible.
- Prize consists of a pair of tickets for the first day of Open East Festival on Saturday 27th July 2013 at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST.
- The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.