How to embrace the pastel trend
As March is upon us, we are now ready to get rid of the cold, miserable weather and start donning our sandals. Even if the weather is not quite there yet, that doesn’t quite stop us from being on trend. A trend that is big every spring/summer is definitely pastels. Pretty muted shades of baby pink, mint green and lemon grace shop windows and beauty counters.
Here at The Upcoming, we’ve made it super easy to be on trend but putting together our favourite pieces and products that are an array of pretty shades!
Embracing this trend needn’t be hard and it’s really easy to incorporate either one piece into your wardrobe or make it even easier by using make-up to create that beautiful spring palette.
- This beautiful ASOS blouse is a perfect way of taking one piece of clothing and adding that pretty pop of colour. This gorgeous salmon pink is really easy to wear; just team it with some skinny jeans and ballet pumps and you’re ready to go!
- While these may not be for everyone, these floral headband crowns are absolutely stunning and would look fantastic paired with a simple outfit or would be the perfect festival hair accessory.
- Paired with a neutral top, embrace two trends with this mint green peplum skirt from New Look. Perfect for lazy spring days or a garden party.
- Why not try embracing pastels into your make-up routine with this pretty, feminine palette from Aerin. This is perfect for somebody who doesn’t really want to dress in pastels but still wants that step into spring.
- Another make-up offering comes in the form of this Pixi make-up bag filled with a pretty pink nail polish, a neutral eyeshadow quad and a pink lip crayon. This set is ideal to play around with your make-up and try new things.
- Possibly one of the easiest ways to bring pastels into your wardrobe is through your nails. A painted nail can transform a look and this gorgeous shade from Essie is from their pastel collection.
- Finally a statement necklace is really simple to wear but adds maximum impact. Layer this chunky chain spike necklace from New Look over a basic sweater or t-shirt for a pretty spring look.
So with that in mind, why not embrace this trend fully by taking some of our tips and transforming your wardrobe!