Original recipe of the week: Hot Honey, Lemon and Mint Soother
As the season starts to change and the nights get darker and colder we all need a little pick-me-up. The meditative attributes of a honey and lemon mix really does work wonders – trust us, Granny would agree. Add fresh mint to kick it up a notch and you’re onto a winner. Soothing, warm and refreshing, the sugary hit of honey will give you a boost when you really need one.
Hot Honey, Lemon and Mint Soother
Preparation time: 2-3 minutes
What you will need:
2 tbs honey
1 large lemon (juiced)
1 handful of fresh mint
What you need to do:
- Fill a kettle with fresh water to bring to the boil.
- While this is boiling, freshly juice a lemon and pour into a mug.
- Next add the honey and the fresh mint leaves.
- Now pour in the boiled water and give a mix.
- Best enjoyed left to rest for 5 minutes.
- Now sit back and relax and feel as fresh as a spring daisy in no time.