How to make your own bath bombs!
Although we don’t want to think about it now, Christmas will soon be coming and our lists of gifts are about to begin. There is nothing nicer than receiving a home-made present, so this year why not forget about Lush and The Body Shop and make your own bath bombs, by following our simple tutorial.
Things you’ll need (per bath bomb):
- 2x tbsp of citric acid
- 2x tbsp of bicarbonate of soda
- Fragrance oil
- Botanicals or petals
- Silicone moulds
- Mixing bowl & spoon
Rose bath bombs
1. Add the citric acid and bicarbonate of soda into the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
2. Next add the fragrance oil (rose or lavender). Use as little or as much as you wish. How much you use will depend on how strong you’d like it to smell.
3. Mix really well. Make sure there are no lumps and it is well blended.
4. Check the consistency of the mixture by giving it a good squeeze. If it holds together then it’s perfect!
5. Grab your silicone mould and sprinkle your petals, Rose buds in this case, into the bottom. This way the petals will be at the top when pushed out of the mould.
6. Fill your mould half way up with the mixture and really press it into to the corners. Making sure it is really compact, so it holds together nicely. Then do so with the rest until filled.
7. Set the bath bomb aside for 5-10 minutes, until set.
8. Pop out of the mould onto a flat surface and leave for half an hour or so.
9. There you have it, your very own bath bomb! Enjoy and make sure it’s nice and fizzy.
To make the mini bath bombs, as shown in the picture. Just ¼ the amount of ingredients used.
All the ingredients are available on-line including special soap making stockists and eBay. They are great gift ideas and aren’t at all expensive to make. So get your DIY on and create some lovely smelling treats this coming season.