Original recipe of the week: Raspberry jam and sugared yum yum ice cream
In keeping with the trend for Duffins and Cronuts on the market at the moment, we have developed a yummy recipe that will give even Greggs a run for their money. The sharp but sweet raspberry jam paired with the creamy ice cream and signature donut flavour work really well together – who would have thought!
Raspberry jam and sugared yum yum ice cream
Freeze Time: 4 hours
What you will need:
800 ml fresh double cream
4 tbsp raspberry jam
3 fresh yum yums, broken into walnut-sized pieces
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp icing sugar
2 egg yolks
What you need to do:
- In a saucepan over a low heat, you need to gently warm together the cream, vanilla, icing sugar and egg yolks, but be careful not to boil or scramble.
- When warmed and slightly thickened, remove from the heat and decant into a large bowl.
- Now swirl in the jam, without mixing it in, and then add and fold in the yum yum pieces.
- Now transfer into a freezer-safe container, seal and place in the freezer for 1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours, remove from the freezer and gently mix.
- Return to the freezer for another 1.5 hours, then remove and mix again.
- Freeze for a further hour – and now you’re good to go!