Win one of three The Happy Prince posters signed by Rupert Everett
The Happy Prince is out in UK cinemas on 15th June 2018.
The film opens in Paris, where Wilde, by now in his 40s, penniless and in poor health, is still reeling after being imprisoned in England for his love affair with Lord Alfred “Bosie” Douglas (Colin Morgan). Out of prison but a pariah, Wilde swings between grief and a determination to wrest whatever pleasure and beauty he can from the time he has left. His body ailing and heavy, his mind spinning, he survives by falling back on the flamboyant irony and brilliant wit that defined him.
Everett’s Wilde is tortured but determined to remain true to himself. His thoughts are filled with love and betrayal and permeated with those closest to him: Bosie, his literary agent Robbie Ross (Edwin Thomas), his great friend Reggie Turner (Colin Firth) and his estranged wife Constance (Emily Watson).
As the film travels through Wilde’s final act, and journeys from England to France and Italy, desire and loyalty face off, the transience of lust is laid bare and the true riches of love are revealed.
To celebrate the release of the film, Lionsgate UK is giving away three posters signed by Rupert Everett!
For a chance to win one The Happy Prince poster signed by Rupert Everett watch the trailer and answer the question below, follow us on Instagram here and send your answer to email@example.com together with your full name, address and mobile number by Sunday 24th June 2018 at 11.59pm. We will cross check your name in the list of Instagram followers.
Oscar Wilde, played by Rupert Everett, is imprisoned and kept to hard labour for how long?
a) 2 months
b) 20 years
c) 2 years
A second entry will be allowed if you subscribe to our mailing list here.
Terms & conditions:
- This promotion is open to UK residents only. Winning attendees must be aged 18 and over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. Entrants under 18 must seek permission to enter this prize draw from a parent/guardian.
- The prize draw is free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
- All entries must be submitted via email. Entrants will have to follow The Upcoming instagram account (@theupcoming) and watch the trailer to answer the question correctly. All valid entries will be submitted. Entrants found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- Closing date is Sunday 24th June 2018 at 11.59pm. Entries received after this time will not be valid.
- Prize is 3 x one The Happy Prince poster signed by Rupert Everett.
- Three winners will be chosen by random draw and contacted on Monday 25th June 2018 at 10.00am.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before 26th June 2018 and must provide an email address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 1 day of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 14 days of being notified of their win.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize is supplied by Lions Gate International UK, Ltd. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this prize draw is The Upcoming in collaboration with Lions Gate UK Ltd. The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.