Win a pair of tickets to Sweat at Gielgud Theatre
Olivier Awards Nomination for BEST NEW PLAY 2019
Following a sold-out run at the Donmar Warehouse, Lynn Nottage’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play Sweat transfers to Gielgud Theatre for 50 performances only.
This “breathtaking new play” (The Guardian) delivers “a knock-out blow of theatrical force” (Daily Telegraph) as it delves deep into the forgotten heart of middle America in “the year’s most powerful play” (The Observer).
Centred around the friendships of factory workers and set in an all-American bar, the play explores the relationships, resentments and fears of a community left divided by de-industrialisation. Simmering racial tensions and mounting anger lead to a devastating outcome for the residents of Reading, Pennsylvania.
“By turns profound, terrifying, earthy and witty, Lynette Linton’s superbly calibrated production excels from start to finish” (Evening Standard) and features “a superlative cast” (The Sunday Times). In an era defined by division and mistrust Sweat is a “humane, heartbreaking” and “magnificent” play (Financial Times).
★★★★★ ★★★★★ ★★★★★
The Observer Daily Telegraph The Guardian
★★★★★ ★★★★★ ★★★★★
Time Out Evening Standard Financial Times
Sweat is at Gielgud Theatre from 7th June until 20th July 2019. Book your tickets here.
For a chance to win a pair of tickets for Sweat at Gielgud Theatre take a minute to answer the question below, follow us on our food Instagram here and send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your full name, address and mobile number by Monday 3rd June 2019 at 11.59pm. We will cross check your name in the list of Instagram followers.
Which award was Sweat nominated for at the 2019 Olivier Awards?
a) Best Revival
b) Best New Musical
c) Best New Play
A second entry will be allowed if you subscribe to our mailing list here.
Terms & conditions:
- Closing date is Monday 3rd June 2019 at 11.59pm.
- This promotion is open to UK residents only.
- Prize is 1 x a pair of tickets for Sweat at Gielgud Theatre between 7th and 19th June 2019 (excluding 12th June).
- One winner will be chosen and contacted on Tuesday 4th June 2019.
- Winning attendees must be aged 16 and over.
- The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Your name, address and mobile number will be used exclusively for contacting you if you win the competition.
- Photo by Johan Persson