Debunking myths about hair transplants in Turkey
If you are losing hair or already bald, a hair transplant can provide an effective solution. However, the high cost of the treatment in the UK can dissuade men and women from even considering the option. There is an affordable alternative with a hair transplant in Turkey, where the price is much less expensive. Many people are put off this money save by myths and misconceptions about the treatment in Turkey but these are untrue, as explained below:
A hair transplant is expensive overseas
One of the most common myths about hair loss treatment in Turkey is that it is expensive. The cost of the treatment in the UK is £6,556 / €7,480 yet a hair transplant in Turkey costs just £1,900 / €2,167. You could enjoy savings of over 70% by travelling to Turkey for treatment, more than covering the cost of flights and accommodation.
To get an accurate, current price you should check out the price at the following high-quality clinics:
- AHD Hair Transplant Clinic
- Smile Hair Clinic
- Istanbul Aesthetic Center
You can get back to work straight away at home
Another misconception you may have about hair transplant is that you can resume your daily routine immediately after the surgery. This is not the case, as you need to take care of the transplants for the first few days. Lack of effective post-procedure care can affect the success of the treatment, and you will experience slight soreness and discomfort for a few days. As such, it makes sense to undergo the treatment overseas, where you can recover in peace and quiet.
A hair transplant is for anyone
Before you opt for hair loss treatment in Turkey, it is best to speak to a clinician as there are certain conditions in which the hair transplant is not a viable choice. For example, it is ineffective in the following cases:
- Temporary hair loss: If your hair loss is temporary, there is no point in getting a transplant. You can use other methods to treat impermanent hair loss, as surgery is not necessarily the only choice.
- Stress and medication: If your hair loss is due to extreme stress or medication, a hair transplant is not right for you as the new hair will fall out too. In this case, you need to see a doctor on the best treatment alternatives.
- Completely bald: If you do not have any hair at all, a hair transplant will not work for you. For a hair transplant surgery to be successful, you need to have some hair.
- Continued hair loss: Before the hair transplant surgery, it is important that the hair loss stops. If you are still losing hair, then the transplant will not be successful.
- Thin hair: The results of hair transplants on thin hair are not as appealing. A hair transplant works best if you have thick hair, as it gives you a fuller appearance.
The quality of transplants is not high
The quality of the treatment in Turkey is comparable to what you would get at a top clinic in the UK. The surgeons in Turkey are experienced and perform the operation every day, so they provide outstanding care.
Now that you know about the myths surrounding hair transplant in Turkey, you can separate fact from hearsay. For more information or to book an appointment, check out Medical Departures.
The editorial unit