Original recipe of the week: Sa-wat-di-pi-mai!CultureFood & DrinksInterviews & Recipes
This recipe is a quick and easy way to bring in the Thai New Year with style this breakfast time…or even to simply cure a well-deserved hangover.
You will need:
1 red chilli (chopped)
1 handful of coriander (chopped)
2 shallots (diced)
1tsp nam pla (fish sauce)
1tsp soy sauce
Juice and zest of half a lime
½tsp oyster sauce
- Fill a frying pan one third full with oil and bring to the boil. Crack open the eggs and carefully, with slotted spoon, place them into the oil one at a time.
- Leave to cook for only a couple of seconds so you get a nice crispy outside, but an oozing yolk.
- Remove from the oil and place on some kitchen roll to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients to make a simple sauce.
- All you need to do now is serve it as either a dipping sauce or poured on top to make a delicious Thai-inspired take on a fried egg breakfast. Pair with some delicious smoked mackerel if you’re feeling peckish.
Kŏr hâi jà-rern aa-hăan!