Original recipe of the week: Pumpkin and Goat’s Cheese Tart
Fancy something quick and easy this weekend for a hauntingly tasty teatime treat? You’re in the right place. With the amount of pumpkin flying around at the moment, what could be yummier or quicker than using this delicious orange flesh instead of chucking it in the bin, and pairing it with warmed goat’s cheese and spinach on a bed of ready rolled puff? Easy-peasy, autumnal and resourceful!
Pumpkin and Goat’s Cheese Tart
Prep time: under 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
What you will need:
200 g pumpkin flesh, de-skinned, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
80 g fresh goat’s cheese
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tbs cream cheese
2 tbs tomato purée
Pinch of smoked salt (normal salt will do)
Pinch of pepper
Grating of nutmeg
½ a sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry (approx. 100g)
What you need to do:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment.
2. Next, lie out your pastry sheet on the parchment and spread with the cream cheese and tomato puree.
3. Place the pieces of pumpkin on top and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, garlic pieces and nutmeg.
4. Now you can add the goat’s cheese and spinach – and you’re ready for the oven.
5. Simply leave to cook for 25 minutes (or until golden), remove from the oven and serve with a fresh green salad… Delicious.