Original recipe of the week: Coriander Cajun spiced mixed nuts
Nuts are the ultimate super-healthy snack that taste really naughty: a perfect combination. Packed full of nutrients that will keep hunger pangs at bay until lunch or dinner, they are the ideal snack to have to hand at all times.
We believe that health and flavour should go hand in hand for the simple reason that if it doesn’t taste good you are not going to want to eat it.
Coriander Cajun spiced mixed nuts
Cooking time: 5-10 mins
What you will need:
50g cashew nuts
50g walnut halves
50g pecan nuts
1tsp smoked paprika
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp corundum cinnamon
1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
2tbsp ground nut oil
2tsp dried coriander
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
What you need to do:
- In a large bow mix together all the nuts so that they are evenly dispersed.
- Next add in all of the dried herbs and spices and mix to cover.
- Now you can add the oil, stir gently to ensure that all of the nuts a covered– this should now have turned into a spiced paste covering the nuts.
- Lastly season with salt and pepper, and give another stir to combine.
- Spread the covered nuts onto a large baking tray and place in a hot oven for about five minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down before placing in a air-tight container. The nuts will now keep for up to three weeks.