Bee beautiful: honey, the simple source to a more stunning you
It is amazing how much money we squander on beauty products each year. Most of us tend to fall for the common misconception: the bigger the price, the better the product. Have we forgotten that good old saying, ‘the best things in life are free’? Okay so honey isn’t free, but it’s very cheap and works wonders for our beauty. Don’t believe us? Check out these top beauty facts and tips about honey!
- History’s oldest beauty icon, Cleopatra, maintained her allure with the help of honey. She would bathe in milk and honey. If you would like super soft skin follow Cleopatra’s recipe – one small cup of honey dissolved in hot milk then added to your bath. Easy.
- The sweet ingredient works as a fantastic facial. Apply pure honey to your face and allow it to set until dry (about 15 minutes). Then simply rinse with warm water.
- It can also be used as a facial cleanser. Just mix one teaspoon of honey with a little milk powder into the palm of your hand, massage onto face and then rinse.
- Honey can help frazzled, dry hair. This summer has been hot, hot, hot; but it may have left you with a headful of straw. Not to fear, mix one tablespoon of honey with three tablespoons of olive oil and all will be cured. After mixing both ingredients (as well as you can), pop in the microwave to heat, then slather all over your locks. In 30 minutes they will be soft and luscious.
- Did you know the first step in fighting dry lips is to exfoliate? Did you also know you can whip up your own lip exfoliator at home with the use of the gloopy goodness? It’s simple. Mix three teaspoons of vegetable oil and two teaspoons of honey together until you achieve a gritty paste. Massage mixture onto lips, leave the scrub sit for a few minutes and rinse with warm water. The result – smooth soft lips!
Honey has many more beneficial factors, from medicinal to nutritional. These are just a few easy steps on how you can incorporate honey into your daily beauty regime. Follow these measures and you are sure to be buzzing at how much money you save and how effective this sweet little beauty tool is.