Original recipe of the week: Chicken & Chorizo Bank Holiday Pie
Everyone loves pie. Be it chicken, beef or vegetable. We thought we’d give you the perfect bank holiday recipe to set the day off nicely. We’ve had a hard time deciding which comfort food classic would be most appropriate and a pie most certainly won hands down – indulgent, filling and always a winner. The chicken and chorizo recipe is a bit off the wall but delicious all the same.
Chicken & Chorizo Bank Holiday Pie
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
What you will need:
2 chicken breasts (diced)
80g chestnut mushrooms
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 leek (chopped)
2 tbsp flax seeds
3 tbsp yoghurt
2 sprigs of rosemary (chopped)
1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry
Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C. In a large frying pan heat some oil and fry the leeks and mushrooms. When cooked, add in the chicken.
- Lower the heat and fry the chicken until cooked, now add in the chorizo and rosemary. Continue to to cook together until the chorizo is well done and the vegetables are soft.
- Now remove from the heat and stir in the salt, pepper and flax seed, if you need to add any more liquid add a splash of water now.
- Next stir in the yoghurt and leave to sit while you line the pie moulds with 1 sheet of pastry.
- Spoon the pie mix into the moulds and top with another layer of pastry to form a ‘lid’.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with vegetables and some potato mash for the perfect combo.