How to use an airbrush makeup machine?
Airbrush makeup has become pretty popular in recent times. However, it has been used by actors and professionals for quite a long period of time. This is the reason why as a technique, it is not that new. Owing to the increasing popularity, it has gained mainstream attention recently.
With the evolution of HD photography and HD videos, it is important to opt for high-quality makeup as well. This is where an airbrush makeup becomes really useful and effective. With the help of this makeup, the results are pretty uniform. Thus, whether you observe someone with the naked eye and a magnifying glass, you will realise that the makeup is perfect. This is one of the main advantages of this makeup. As a result, you can easily enhance your appearance without any flaw.
Today, we will share with you a few tips with the help of which, you can use this type of makeup to your advantage. Before we delve into the usage of the machine, it is important to know about the different types of airbrush makeup.
Basics of airbrushing
We will first look into the details of this make-up to find out whether it is a good option for you or not.
- This type of makeup has been used for years in the movie industry. With the help of this makeup, natural and uniform look can be attained. This ensures that in spite of the HD cameras, the appearance of the actors and actresses is flawless. This is the reason why this makeup technique has become so popular in the movie industry. The problem with the traditional makeup is that it doesn’t conceal all the fine wrinkles as well as spots on the skin. These can be caught in HD cameras. That is why this type of makeup has now become an industry standard.
- Airbrush makeup is not just limited to a certain part of your face. It can be used while applying the foundation or while doing the eyebrows. It can also be used while applying the blush as well. Thus, it is actually a superior option irrespective of the part of the face which you are focusing on. It is actually very easy to use this technique. This is the reason why it is so versatile. With the help of a single layer, you will be able to get the desired effect. Whether you’re looking to opt for a uniform layer or a shade of the skin, you can do so with the help of a single layer without any problem at all. Since no one will actually touch your skin while applying makeup with this technique, it is completely hygienic as well. This allows you to maintain your skin without any problem.
- When you compare it with the traditional makeup techniques, you will realise that it is much faster as well. This is one of the main reasons why it is used in the industry. In most of the movies as well as a TV series, multiple actors and actresses have to enhance their appearance in a short period of time. This is not possible with the traditional makeup techniques. However, with this makeup technique, it is certainly possible. This is the reason why this makeup technique has become so popular. Moreover, special effects can be easily induced with the help of this makeup technique.
When you look at these three advantages of the airbrush makeup, it comes as no surprise that it has become popular and has gone mainstream.
Basic working of the airbrush makeup machine
Before you use the makeup machine for an airbrushing, it is important to understand how it actually works. Once you are able to understand that, it will be very easy for you to use it for applying the makeup.
- Most of the machines which apply makeup using this technique consist of a small diaphragm. The diaphragm works as a compressor.
- The machine consists of two different needles. These needles are present in the nozzle.
- On the press of the button, one needle will release the air and another that will release the pigment. With the help of a single nozzle, the mixture is sprayed on the skin. With the help of proper controls, the amount of pigment which is released can be easily controlled. Thus, the application of makeup can be controlled without any problem at all.
Once the professional is able to get the hang of the machine and the settings which it has to offer, it becomes very easy for the professional to control the exact amount of pigment or make-up which is applied on the skin. This level of customisation is not provided by any other traditional makeup techniques.
Types of air makeups
The type of the airbrush make-ups, however, can be different. It is important to understand which is the base of the pigment. Once you understand the base of the pigment, it will be very easy for you to pick the right kind of makeup. A lot will also be dependent on the duration for which you want to wear the make-up and the type of event which you want to attend. We will go into the details of these makeup options below.
In this type of makeup, the entire makeup is mixed with water. The water acts as the base. If you’re looking for the matte finish, this is the option which you should choose. It is very easy to apply. It can also allow you to build the coverage on your entire face in a short period of time. If you plan on attending the event with bright lights, this is the make-up option which you should choose.
In case, you’re looking to opt for a make-up type which can last for a longer period of time with the airbrushing technique, it is important to go for the alcohol-based one. It can last up to five days. Also, it consists of 99% alcohol. Due to this very reason, you should not use it on a regular basis. You can use it once in a while when you need a makeup type which can last for a long period of time.
Silicon base for the pigment is the best option if you want to opt for a natural look. You have to just match it with the shade of your skin. This can be easily done by the professional. You need to however keep in mind that over a period of time, the shade can darken. That is why, instead of picking the precise shade in advance, it is a much better idea to opt for a lighter shade. This means that over a period of time, it will match your skin tone perfectly.
Thus, when you’re looking for a suitable base for this type of makeup, these are the three options which you have to look into. Each one of them has their own pros and cons. This is the reason why you have to take all of these into account and thereafter choose the right base for your make-up.
Airbrush makeup is much better as compared to some of the other makeup types. However, before you apply this makeup, it is important to keep a few basic guidelines in mind. Only when you keep these guidelines in mind, it will be easy for you to apply the makeup in the right way.
- If you apply your makeup through DIY techniques, this type of makeup might not be for you. This technique can only work well when someone else applies it to your face. That is why it is a good idea to always hire a professional. At the same point in time, when you hire a professional you can keep your eyes closed. Irrespective of the base which you choose, if the makeup goes into your eyes, it can cause a lot of problems. That is why it is always a better idea to hire someone else in order to do your makeup.
- If you plan on buying this kit by yourself, it is important to go through the detailed instructions as well as precautions which you need to undertake. This makeup technique is different as compared to the traditional makeup types. This is the reason why you have to go through the instructions and the manuals before opting for this type of makeup.
- As we stated above, this technique can be used for layering as well. You should allow one layer to dry completely and thereafter only, you can apply the second layer. If you apply the second layer before the first layer has dried, it can easily distort your look. In such a case, you might have to remove the entire makeup and start all over once again. That is why it is important to wait for the first layer to dry before the application of the second layer.
- You need to keep in mind that it is very difficult to opt for midcourse corrections in case; you apply this makeup in the wrong manner. That is why at a time you have to only apply makeup to small parts of your face. This will ensure that you will be able to remove it easily in case you commit any mistake. This is especially true for blushes and highlights. You have to go slow and steady when you’re using this makeup technique.
- If you’re using this make-up for the first time, it is a good idea to test it out on a piece of paper. This will help you understand how the machine works and how you can control the amount of makeup which is released from the machine. The more you practice, the better will be your control over the machine.
- As with any other make-up technique, you have to always work on getting the shades right. You have to mix and match in order to get the right shade.
- In case, you’re using the make-up machine yourself, it is a good idea to keep the machine at least six inches away from your face. This will ensure that the pigment which is released from the machine is spread out before reaching your face. Also, you have to apply the makeup only in small bursts. This will allow you to have greater control over the amount of pigment released. Also, it will help you uniformly apply makeup to smaller areas of your face. Sure enough, this can increase the number of bursts which you need to trigger in order to get your makeup done but it will produce much better results. Once you are able to get a single layer done, you can easily opt for multiple layering after the first layer has dried.
- As a rule of thumb, it is a good idea to use the circular motion or the forward-backwards motion in order to apply the make-up. This will ensure that no area is left out. You will be able to get uniform makeup done on your face.
- The various types of airbrush makeups have been listed above. You have to pick the one as per the application as well as your skin type. This will allow you to get maximum impact with the help of this makeup technique.
- If you plan on using this technique on yourself, it is a good idea to first learn from a professional. You can even hire the professional in order to get the makeup done once. This will allow you to know more about the technique and the way in which you can use this technique.
If you’re really serious about this makeup, it is important to follow these ten guidelines. With the help of these ten guidelines, you can get your makeup done by a professional. Once you follow these guidelines, eventually you can learn the tricks of the trade yourself. This will allow you to use this technique on a DIY basis.
There are a few hidden tips, however which you need to follow when you’re using the airbrush makeup machine. These are:
- The amount of pressure needs to be controlled precisely. If you use high-pressure, it will cover a larger area and the pigment will travel a larger distance as well.
- You should not mix up the different formulas. If you opt for water-based makeup, you should not mix it up with alcohol-based one.
- You have to always practice using the make-up machine at various distances beforehand to know the precise distance at which you need to keep the machine.
- You shouldn’t press the nozzle entirely as that will lead to unnecessary wastage of the make-up.
These might be simple steps to follow but you will be surprised as to how many people, do not adhere to these simple guidelines and tips while using this makeup technique.
So, if you want to use the airbrush makeup machine, it is important to keep all of these factors in mind. You have to also ensure that you abide by the guidelines and the hidden tips which we have highlighted above in order to use this makeup technique. The more you are familiar with the various settings of the makeup machine, the easier it will be for you to use this makeup technique to your advantage. With the help of our guide above, you can easily get the airbrush makeup done without any problem.
The editorial unit