Best leather wallets for travel
Travelling is one of life’s great pleasures. Even if you are travelling for business purposes, you can still take time to enjoy the destination unless it is a whirlwind tour. One aspect that should not be overlooked as a traveller is the quality of your wallet. Whether a wallet for your passport of for your cards and cash, it should be of excellent quality and protect the contents physically and electronically.
With this in mind, let’s take a closer look at what makes a wallet suited for travel.
Features of leather wallets
Wallets have to be durable whether you’re flying, sitting in a train carriage, or driving a car. Wallets come under pressure if they are in your back pocket. As such, your wallet must be made from an excellent quality genuine leather. Other materials don’t last and can become discoloured. The better wallets are made from full grain vegetable-tanned leather.
Your wallet should fit all currencies if you are travelling overseas on a regular basis. Passport wallets should keep the contents dust-free but be easily retrievable for inspection.
The better wallets have a timeless design and age well. This accentuates their style and gives an impression of sophistication.
RFID card cloning prevention
Increasingly important is that they prevent radio frequency identification (RFID) cloning. This is where a device is used to clone your credit card in the wallet. This kind of fraud is on the increase, and business travellers and tourists are especially at risk. Ensure your next wallet features materials that prevent this from happening.
Leather travel wallet design
You can get a good choice of design with many wallets like those listed below featuring the features highlighted previously. List includes:
- Passport wallet – This keeps your passport in pristine condition and designed to protect it from the rigours of travelling. Many include pockets for holding credit cards, coins and notes. Other variants of the passport wallet are a flat rather than a book style or bifold design.
- Vertical passport wallet – This is solely for your passport, and its slim design will fit neatly into an inside pocket. The passport can be quickly removed for inspection as it sits snuggly in a leather pouch. This is available as a horizon wallet if you prefer.
- Leather cardholder wallet – These wallets keep your cards safe and organised. No need to faff around finding the right card it will be there where you need it. RFID protection models are available.
- Three pocket leather cardholder wallet – This version of cardholder wallets feature three pockets so you can tuck notes into your wallet for emergencies.
- Leather snap cardholder wallets – These wallets have a compartment that fastens together so you can keep your more sensitive cards a little safer.
- Leather bifold zip wallet with RFID – This timeless classic holds currency and cards, offering protection against RFID cloning.
- Leather pouch wallet with zip – Rather than opening like a book, this wallet is pouch shaped. It is nice to know the option is there if you prefer it.
As well as design, there are other aspects of wallets to take into account. Consider:
- Convenience – How easy is it going to be to use the wallet in practice. In some situations finding the right card is not stressful or intense, and you have time to select the right card to pay or show. Other times, such as entertaining clients and customers you want to make the right impression. To do this, you want to easily find the right card and use it to pay.
- Appearance – Having a tired, dilapidated looking wallet doesn’t make the right impression whether you are on business or socialising. Producing a quality leather wallet, especially one that has aged but still lasts, creates a timeless impression of class and quality. In an age where image is often everything, the wallet can be the finishing touch or the touch that ruins the image.
- Finer things in life – Often having the finer things in life makes us feel good and improves our wellbeing. Having a good quality leather wallet gives us this boost and peace of mind. With identity theft, credit card and banking fraud on the rise, having a good wallet with RFID protection puts a spring in our stride and gives us confidence.
Avoid non-leather wallets
Finally, it is worth noting that a wallet not made from good quality leather should be avoided, especially if you travel a lot. They will quickly wear out, and we’ve all experienced dropping change when we produce our wallet. This is because the material was of poor quality and quickly deteriorated.
The only material you should look for in a wallet is leather and good quality at that. This will last and age with you and feel like a good friend after a few year’s use.
Always use a good quality wallet. It will project the right image, protect the content and give you peace of mind and confidence. The extra you spend on a good quality wallet will more than pay for itself in the future.
The editorial unit