Ten tips to keep your car in top shape
Your car not only helps you to travel around easily, but it can also be an investment in the future, because depending on how well you take care of it then you may extend be able to extend its life. FP have come up with some recommendations that will help you to extend the life of your car.
Keeping the vehicle in good condition will help you to travel more safely in addition to allowing you to drive the car for much longer and then someday sell it.
Here we offer a series of tips to keep the car in good condition, whether it is for a short or a long time.
- First and foremost, a car cover. A neglected accessory in vehicle care, and not a difficult one to find, for more details, click here. A cover will protect your car from the environment and keep it ready for resell if you intend to do so.
- Checking the oil: it is recommended to change your car’s oil depending on different factors such as model and use. It is also recommended to regularly check the oil levels since the lack of it can cause friction between metals and cause damage to the engine.
- Tyre inspection: maintaining adequate air pressure when calibrating tyres is key. It depends on the type of car, tyres and wheels you have. It is also essential to check them to verify that they are not worn, have holes or other irregularities. It is advisable to have them inspected by a specialist at least once a year.
- Alignment and balancing are also vitally important: balancing is necessary to avoid vibrations on the steering wheel when driving fast, and alignment is essential for precise steering and even tread wear, it is recommended to do this every ten thousand kilometres.
- Checking the brakes is essential: The condition of the discs, the pads and the pedal must be verified and checked by a mechanic at least once a month to avoid accidents. Also, performing a periodic inspection of the brake fluid will allow for good driving performance and increased driving safety.
- If the battery is several years old, it is recommended to check it every three months. It is necessary to prevent the battery from drying out because it lacks liquid since it can affect the operation of the system and reduce its useful life. It is recommended to add battery fluid or distilled water to avoid this problem.
- To keep your car always looking like new, it is advisable to wash it at least every two weeks, if you are not using a car cover this way the shine of the paint will last longer. Also, wash the interior of the car to keep the cushion in good condition, this works very well if you plan to sell the car and get a good price since proper care of the vehicle interior is one of the first things that a potential buyer may check out.
- Once your car warranty has ended and you can no longer use your dealer, it is essential to get a trusted mechanic who does not charge you for unnecessary repairs and offers you guarantees and good prices.
- It is necessary to check the lights and check that they all work and turn on correctly because if they are misaligned they can be dangerous for you and other drivers. Also, you don’t want the police pulling you over a broken light.
- Last but not least, checking the fluids is also vital for the car: the windshield wiper, brake fluid, transmission fluid, among others, should be checked once a week. Also, change the wiper blades at least once a year to avoid blurred vision in rainy seasons.
Once you comply with these tips, you can easily go out and drive your car without any problem.
The editorial unit