Dunnage racks: A reliable storage solution for your food establishment
When it comes to succeeding in the restaurant industry, it’s important to consider the best equipment. Every responsible owner of a food establishment should be familiar with dunnage racks. This piece of equipment is an essential part of the food safety strategy. Made of different materials such as aluminum, plastic, or stainless steel, they come in a variety of designs and sizes. For those who don’t have enough shelving and need more space for storing bulk products, perishable goods, or additional space in the freezer, a dunnage rack is a great purchase that will make the whole restaurant run more efficiently.
The best materials for your equipment and tools
The main purpose of a dunnage rack is to keep goods away from the floor. It is critical for maintaining hygiene standards and complying with regulations. Otherwise, one risks failing an annual health inspection, as a result of which a regional health commission can shut down their business. Of course, buying reliable equipment and taking care of it is not enough. To ensure hygienic meal preparation in a commercial kitchen, staff must be trained to properly clean tops and surfaces. They must be able to check whether equipment adheres to food safety practices and be aware of how to eliminate the spread of bacteria that can cause illnesses. Purchasing a rack for storing made of stainless steel is an integral step in maintaining a safe working environment. Here are the most important reasons why it is better to avoid a plastic rack and invest in stainless steel products:
- Stainless steel is cleanable and highly hygienic. Unlike other popular materials, stainless steel can withstand frequent washing with detergents and chemicals, preventing the accumulation of dirt, debris and the biggest enemy of all food establishments: bacteria. It allows restauranteurs to meet all health and safety requirements and keep their restaurants clean.
- Sustainability is just as important, and stainless steel is eco-friendly. Today, most businesses avoid plastic equipment and prefer stainless steel that is 100 per cent recyclable, thereby reducing the impact on the community and nature.
- A dunnage rack made of stainless steel is strong and durable and won’t damage, crack, or deteriorate with time, holding its perfect shape for years. It doesn’t have to be replaced too often – only if a restaurant needs to buy new equipment for extra storage space or increased functionality.
- Proper maintenance promotes longevity. Due to unique properties and composition, stainless steel is one of the longest-lasting materials.
- Stainless steel has a high level of resistance to different factors such as rust, corrosion, heat, fire, low temperatures – or a frequent fluctuation in temperature – and other conditions typical for restaurants.
Picking the appropriate dunnage rack
Which rack one chooses depends on their goals. Storing food, organising stock and keeping bulk products in cardboard boxes off the floor is a top priority. For this, it’s worth considering a stainless steel product. To make cleaning more efficient, it’s best to have a rack you can easily move around. Those who want a reliable solution often choose AmGoodSupply stainless steel products. In addition to offering dunnage racks, this supplier offers work tables and wall shelves. To maximise the food prep processes, it’s worth investing in durable and easily maintained stainless steel equipment.
The editorial unit