The Sea, The Sea launch Untapped weekly residency spotlighting emerging talent
The Sea, The Sea in Hackney announces Untapped, a residency series commencing on 12th November. This programme features chefs from various culinary backgrounds the opportunity to take over the 14-seater chef’s table each Sunday to exhibit their personal cooking styles. Starting with lunch and dinner services, the series aims to provide a platform for cooks who are advancing within top restaurants, cookbook authors and those who have created supper clubs.
Each chef will present a unique menu, priced at £75 per person, drawing upon their individual influences and experiences. While not exclusively focused on seafood, participants will have access to superior produce sourced from dayboat fishermen via The Sea, The Sea’s wholesale branch in Cornwall. The restaurant’s regular wine list will complement the dining experience.
Fom Wednesday to Saturday, the chef’s table will maintain its standard eight-course seafood menu crafted by executive chef Leandro Carreira.
Below is the initial lineup for Untapped, detailing the chefs, their associated venues, and the culinary styles diners can anticipate:
- 12th November: Rahel Stephanie of Spoons supperclub – Indonesian-inspired seafood.
- 19th November: Michael Bagnall of Brunswick House and Abruzzo – Seasonal ingredients with an Australian twist.
- 3rd December: Ollie Bass of Faber – A blend of art and culinary expertise with a focus on seafood.
- 10th December: Henry Rousso of Sessions Arts Club – British produce with North American regional flavours.
- 17th December: Christian Faulkner of Ikoyi – Seafood with bold spices and classic techniques.
The residency will continue into the new year, with additional chefs scheduled to feature their culinary styles at The Sea, The Sea.