Original recipe of the week: Chocolate covered cinnamon pretzels
Pretzels have come back into fashion in a big way, a big chocolatey way. Everywhere seems to be selling them at the moment, from health food shops to high-end supermarkets. They are the perfect snack and dinner party treat. Why not try our original recipe if you really want to get your friends talking about your skills, instead of grabbing ready-made snacks off of the shelf?
Chocolate covered cinnamon pretzels
Cook/preparation time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 1-2 hours
What you will need:
250g bag of salted pretzels
250g bar of milk chocolate
What you need to do:
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and ensure there is sufficient space in your fridge.
- Next, break up the chocolate into small pieces and place on the hob over a bain-marie, and stir with a wooden spoon until melted.
- When melted you can start to dip in your pretzels. Be careful to use tongs when doing this as to allow for the whole of the pretzel to be coated.
- When coated, place on the baking sheet to set. Continue until all have been coated.
- Add a light sprinkling of cinnamon all over the chocolate coated pretzels, and pop into the fridge to set for approximately one hour.
- When cooled and set, serve. Perfect after dinner with coffee, or even with a cocktail or two.
Photos: Bethany Stone