Original recipe of the week: five minute Blueberry and Coconut Oaty Muffin
The most important meal of the day is breakfast. No longer will you have to starve until lunch with our ingenious and satisfying recipe that you can conjure up in just under five minutes – perfect for the school run, the train crush or even for a lazy weekend. Moist and fruity, these muffins will really keep you going until lunch.
Blueberry and Coconut Oaty Muffin
Prep time/cook time: 5 minutes (2 minutes in the microwave)
What you will need:
½ handful of blueberries
2 tsp dessicated coconut
2 tsp honey
2 tbsp crushed oats
1 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp milk
What you need to do:
- Wash and place the blueberries at the bottom of a large mug and drizzle with one tea spoon of honey.
- In a separate bowl add the coconut, oats, flour, milk and egg, and the other tsp of honey, then mix.
- When combined add this on top of the blueberries.
- Place this into the microwave for two minutes maximum.
- When cooked, remove and turn out. Leave to cool and enjoy.