Pretty Pastels: perfect for sweet summer style
These sugary shades started out on the catwalk with designers such as Louis Vuitton and Elie Saab offering us a sample of pastel paradise. Now, thankfully, nearly every high street label has picked up this delightful trend meaning anybody can add a pop of sweet summer style to their closet.
Don’t be fooled into thinking pastels are all about airy-fairy pinks and sickly shades, there are many ways to rock a pale yellow top or candy coloured heels, check out below:
- Jeans, Ted Baker, £80. Jeans are a great way to flaunt the pastel trend as they are versatile. Pair with sandals and a camisole for the daytime or heels and a sparkling top for cocktails with the girls.
- Nail Wraps, Topshop, £6.65. If you aren’t quite ready to wear a sugar sweet dress do not fear, nail wraps are available in many patterns and shades but you have to love these pastel Union Jack ones: easy to apply, on trend and patriotic! What’s not to love?
- Bag, ASOS, £28. This preppy and pretty satchel works for work, weekends and wild nights out. Sorbet blue and lilac paired with the stunning floral design certainly makes this a winner.
- Top, River Island, £38. This lemon coloured scalloped top would look striking and sweet against a pair of faux leather trousers or you could go full on ‘Great Gatsby’ with a skirt and T-bar heels
- Collar, New Look, £7.99. A delicate collar is an easy and cute way to wear this trend. Throw over a shirt or wear with a dress and pretend it’s a statement necklace, no one would ever know!
- Dress, Miss Selfridge, £65. This stunning ‘3D’ dress is reminiscent of a Lanvin design Emma Stone wore a few years ago. Not for the faint of heart, this is sure to make a statement and at an affordable price this dress is perfect for prom, garden parties or a summer wedding.
- Eye Shadow, Barry M, £7. These candy-hued shadows work with every eye colour and are a superb way to subtlety jump on board with the pretty pastels.
- Shoes, Nelly, £32.95. The metallic tip on these mint heels add edge and are proof that pastels aren’t just for princesses. Rock with a black dress and gold accessories for the perfect mix of cool and cute.