Pretty Pastels: Perfect for sweet summer style
As spring comes to an end and we roll into summer, everybody is on the lookout for pieces they can add to freshen up their wardrobe and nothing says “hello summer” quite like soft pastels.
These sugary shades started out on the catwalk with designers such as Louis Vuitton and Elie Saab offering us a sample of pastel paradise. Now, thankfully, nearly every high street label has picked up this delightful trend meaning anybody can add a pop of sweet summer style to their closet.
Don’t be fooled into thinking pastels are all about airy-fairy pinks and sickly shades, there are many ways to rock a pale yellow top or candy coloured heels, check out below:
- Jeans, Ted Baker, £80. Jeans are a great way to flaunt the pastel trend as they are versatile. Pair with sandals and a camisole for the daytime or heels and a sparkling top for cocktails with the girls.
- Nail Wraps, Topshop, £6.65. If you aren’t quite ready to wear a sugar sweet dress do not fear, nail wraps are available in many patterns and shades but you have to love these pastel Union Jack ones: easy to apply, on trend and patriotic! What’s not to love?
- Bag, ASOS, £28. This preppy and pretty satchel works for work, weekends and wild nights out. Sorbet blue and lilac paired with the stunning floral design certainly makes this a winner.
- Top, River Island, £38. This lemon coloured scalloped top would look striking and sweet against a pair of faux leather trousers or you could go full on ‘Great Gatsby’ with a skirt and T-bar heels
- Collar, New Look, £7.99. A delicate collar is an easy and cute way to wear this trend. Throw over a shirt or wear with a dress and pretend it’s a statement necklace, no one would ever know!
- Dress, Miss Selfridge, £65. This stunning ‘3D’ dress is reminiscent of a Lanvin design Emma Stone wore a few years ago. Not for the faint of heart, this is sure to make a statement and at an affordable price this dress is perfect for prom, garden parties or a summer wedding.
- Eye Shadow, Barry M, £7. These candy-hued shadows work with every eye colour and are a superb way to subtlety jump on board with the pretty pastels.
- Shoes, Nelly, £32.95. The metallic tip on these mint heels add edge and are proof that pastels aren’t just for princesses. Rock with a black dress and gold accessories for the perfect mix of cool and cute.