Original recipe of the week: Dark chocolate and pistachio biscotti
Looking for the perfect accompaniment to your Sunday morning coffee? Look no further. Our biscotti are the perfect sweet treat on the day of rest. The pistachio adds a much needed fresh note to the rich, dark chocolate and crunchy biscotti.
Makes: about 12
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
What you will need:
100g plain flour
50g caster sugar
1 tsp baking power
50g shelled pistachios
50 dark chocolate nibs
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla paste
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together including the nuts and chocolate nibs.
- Now add in the egg, sunflower oil and vanilla. You can add in a little water if the mix is too dry.
- Roll into a large sausage shape and place onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place into the oven for 25 minutes and remove, but leave the oven on.
- Before the mix has cooled cut into 12 equal slices and lay flat on the baking sheet.
- Place the slices back into the oven and cook for a further ten minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Enjoy with a coffee just the way you like it!