Original recipe of the week: Sweet Potato, Blue Cheese and Nectarine
This easy recipe will see you through al-desko lunch in the summer to an afternoon snack in the winter. Simple, healthy and very tasty, it’s the perfect alternative to a boring January diet-compliant lunch.
Sweet Potato, Blue Cheese and Nectarine
Prep/cook time: 1 hour
1 large sweet potato
2 ripe nectarines or 1 large ripe mango
Handful of mixed salad leaves of your choice
50g good quality blue cheese (I use Waitrose’s own Colston Bassett blue stilton)
Salt & pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 180°C fan oven / gas mark 6.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper or foil.
- Scrub the skin of the potatoes clean with a vegetable brush.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork in 5-6 places on the top side, place into the hot oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Chop your chosen fruit into large chunks and set aside.
- Wash your salad leaves and also set aside.
- Once the potato is cooked, take out of the oven, slice in half lengthways and arrange together.
- Crumble the cheese over the potatoes and set back in the oven until the cheese is part melted (still crumbly, not too runny).
- Arrange a plate/bowl with salad leaves, take out potato and set on top and add fruit around the side.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.