Win a pair of tickets to the premiere of Florence Foster Jenkins starring Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant
Florence Foster Jenkins arrives in UK cinemas on 6th May, and to celebrate, we’ve got three pairs of tickets to giveaway to the star-studded world premiere taking place in London on Tuesday 12th April 2016.
Starring Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant, this comedy drama directed by Stephen Frears (Philomena, The Queen) tells the inspirational true story of the eponymous New York heiress who obsessively pursued her dream of becoming a great singer. The film celebrates the human spirit, the power of music and the passion of amateurs everywhere. The voice Florence (Streep) heard in her head was divine, but to the rest of the world it was hilariously awful. At private recitals, her devoted husband and agent, St Clair Bayfield (Grant), managed to protect Florence from the truth. But when Florence decided to give her first public concert at New York’s Carnegie Hall, St Clair realised he had perhaps bitten off more than he could chew.
For a chance to win a ticket for the world premiere of Florence Foster Jenkins take a minute to answer the question below on Twitter and send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your full name, address and mobile number by Wednesday 6th April 2016 at 11:59pm.
Who stars as Florence Foster Jenkins in the film?
- Judi Dench
- Meryl Streep
- Maggie Smith
A second entry will be allowed if you subscribe to our mailing list here.
Florence Foster Jenkins is released nationwide on 6th May 2016, for further information visit here.
Watch the trailer for Florence Foster Jenkins here:
Terms & Conditions
- Closing date is Wednesday 6th April 2016 at 11.59pm BST.
- Each prize winner will be chosen and contacted on Thursday 7th April 2016 at 10.00am.
- Entrants must be aged 15 or over and resident in the UK. Proof of age and residence will be required to receive the prize.
- This competition is not open to employees of Pathé (UK) Limited or The Upcoming or associated agents of those companies or anyone else professionally connected with this competition.
- To enter the competition, users must submit the correct answer to the following question – “Who stars as Florence Foster Jenkins in the film?”
- Only one entry per person will be considered.
- Entrants will need access to the internet to enter the competition and a valid Twitter account that clearly identifies the holder as being a Twitter user.
- Proof of submission shall not be proof of receipt. Entries that are incomplete, incorrectly filled in, illegal, illegible, in the incorrect format or fraudulent or those not received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed invalid and not accepted. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for technical failures which prevent an entrant from submitting an entry and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission.
- Prize for each winner is one (1) pair of tickets to attend the World premiere of Florence Foster Jenkins in London on Tuesday 12th April.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random and contacted by a representative from The Upcoming by email/telephone provided either in a direct message to their Twitter profile or in an email on email@example.com.
- If a winner fails to respond within 24 hours of notification, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner(s) will be contacted.
- By entering the competition, the winner(s) confirm that they are free to attend the premiere from 6pm on the day of the event.
- Tickets for entry to the premiere can be collected by the winner(s) on the day of the event with proof of ID required to receive the prize.
- If a winner is aged under 18, they must be accompanied by an adult to the premiere. No one under 15 will be admitted.
- Entry to and attendance at the premiere is subject to respectful and appropriate behaviour. The dress code is smart. The Promoter reserves the right to deny the winner(s) and their guest(s) entry and revoke their attendance at the event should they not adhere to the dress code and should they behave inappropriately.
- The cinema reserves the right to refuse entry in accordance with its own policies.
- The red carpet event will be filmed by the Promoter as part of the publicity for Florence Foster Jenkins. The winner(s) and their guest(s) may be asked to sign a release form giving their permission should they be in the background of any footage.
- Travel and accommodation are not included in the prize.
- In the unlikely event that the premiere is cancelled, no alternative event will be arranged and no alternative prize will be available for the winner(s).
- The Promoter reserves the right in exceptional circumstances to vary, amend or withdraw this competition on reasonable notice.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The prize may not be sold, offered for sale or used in connection with any other competition or promotion by the winner(s).
- By entering the competition, the winner(s) give consent for their name, contact number and address to be passed to a third party provider for delivery of the prize. Save for the exception above, the Promoter will not pass any personal data to any third party unless required to do so by law or an appropriate regulatory authority.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for failure to deliver the prize caused by the delivery/postal service.
- By entering the competition, entrants are sending their personal information to the Promoter who will at all times process an entrant’s personal data in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and applicable laws.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter assumes no liability for any claim, loss or damage arising (whether directly or indirectly).
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.