The rise of vegan beauty
If you’re committed to cleaning up your diet, why not clean up your beauty cupboards too? The vegan beauty movement has swept the beauty industry by storm as natural ingredients are becoming more prevalent than ever – and for good reason. According to new figures, Vegan Society states the number of consumers switching to an all vegan lifestyle has risen 350% over the past 10 years with 42% aged between 15 and 34.
While some are buying vegan products to solve issues like skin sensitivity, others are concerned about the long-term effects as studies suggest that using harsh products on your skin can lead to concerns beyond irritation. Typically made from natural or organic ingredients, vegan beauty products are gentler on the skin. They contain fewer ingredients that are less likely to aggravate those sensitive soles and cause reactions. What’s not to love?
Beauty must-haves without the nasties, the industry is jumping on this millennial trend, as brands are beginning to tweak their famous formulas to achieve the coveted 100% vegan stamp of approval.
We looked at some of the best vegan brands on the market to bring you our top three beauty essentials this season.
RosehipPLUS oil, £10.00, treatyourskin.com
- Certified organic and approved by PETA as cruelty free and vegan
- 100% pure and cold pressed from the highest quality seeds of the Rosehip berry.
- Contains naturally occurring bioflavonoids and essential fatty acids to reduce free radical damage in the skin.
- Contains (Omega 3, 6 and 9) to keep the skin hydrated, moisturised and younger looking.
Embryolisse Soin Correcteur de Teint SPF 20, £29.99, Boots
- A vegan friendly universal skin perfector that adapts to skin tone to re-plump skin and preserve its youthfulness.
- Blurs the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and dilated pores
- Enriched with ultra-hydrating hyaluronic acid, the treatment moisturises and smoothes skin whilst protecting skin from UV photo-ageing.
Naturaline Edelweiss Day Cream, £13.49, allcures.com
- Specifically formulated for use with problem skin
- Fights free radicals, moisturises and revitalises the skin – soothing away the appearance of dry areas and fine lines.
- Free of artificial perfumes, colouring or mineral-oil based ingredients.