Original recipe of the week: Korean pancakes
Fancy something a little different this weekend? If you like oriental cuisine you’ll love these – savoury, salty and irresistible, perfect on their own, or stuffed with any filling you like.
Time: 5-10 minutes
2 spring onions (chopped)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
2 chestnut mushrooms (finely sliced)
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp milk
Salt and pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- Whisk together the flour, egg and milk in a small bowl and preheat a saucepan with a little oil.
- Add the spring onions, garlic and mushrooms to the frying pan when heated and fry until caramelised.
- When cooked, remove from the heat and add to the flour and egg mix. Now add in the soy and oyster sauce and season. Mix to combine.
- Gently fry the batter on a high heat until cooked, flip over and finish the cooking on the opposite side.
- Serve the pancake with anything you fancy – tastes great with a Thai style salad with crunchy nuts, sweet mango and hot chilli.