Original recipe of the week : Blueberry and White Chocolate Ice Cream
Right about now everyone is going crazy about sugar in foods. The most sugary treat you can probably imagine is ice cream, and unfortunately we all love ice cream. To give you some light release, we have come up with an ingenious recipe that not only cuts out sugar but is also super healthy and could even be counted as one of your five-a-day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Chill time: 4 hours
What you will need:
2 frozen bananas
1 banana at room temperature
100g of frozen blueberries
150g no added sugar white chocolate (this can also be substituted for any normal white chocolate)
2 tbsp Agave syrup
4 tbsp soya yoghurt
What you need to do:
- Put all the ingredients into a blender including the skin on the bananas – but excluding the peel on the “normal” banana and white chocolate.
- Blitz everything together, meanwhile microwave the white chocolate for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Add the blitzed ingredients and chocolate together, until fully combined.
- Transfer this mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for about 4 hours
- Before serving, leave to soften for at least 5 minutes.