How to look gorgeous this summer
Summer has finally arrived and we can’t wait to head to the beach and work on our tans. It feels like we have been trapped indoors for months, looking at the rain lashing against the window. Not our idea of summer!
We want to make sure we look our best from day time to evening, no frizzy hair from a day at the beach or mascara running down our face after going swimming. So take a look at our guide for looking glamorous and beautiful all summer long.
Worry-free beauty at the beach
Are you heading to the beach? Instead of having to choose between no make-up at all, or the inevitable raccoon eyes that comes from a day in the sun, try sweeping Vaseline over your lashes as an alternative to mascara. It enhances your lashes and it’s an amazing eyelash conditioner. Bonus! You can also smudge a touch of it across your lids for a dewy, doe-eyed look.
Choosing the right bronzer to maximize your sun-kissed glowIf choosing the right bronzer seems like a simple task to you – assuming, of course, you want to look like you have a really bad fake tan that doesn’t match the rest of your body! If that’s not the case, then here’s how to get a natural looking, sun-kissed glow:
1. Before you even head for the bronzer, dust a translucent powder like Tom Ford’s Translucent Finishing Powder lightly all over your face. This will absorb any excess oil on your face so the bronzer won’t streak.
2. Choose a bronzer that’s a shade lighter than the one you would normally pick: you want to be able to layer it over certain parts of your face. Avoid anything glittery which appears too fake. We like Benefit’s One Hot Minute; the rosy gold shade is flattering on EVERY skin tone. Love it!
3. Grab a big fluffy brush with a rounded edge, like Bobbi Brown’s Bronzer brush.
4. Coat your brush evenly with bronzer and tap off any excess powder.
5. Apply by evenly sweeping your brush where the sun naturally hits your face: across your forehead and down your nose. Then, sweep it in a backwards curve over the apples of your cheeks. You can also brush lightly across your brow bone; it really highlights your eyes, and makes you look especially sun-kissed!
You’re now ready to hit the town with the girls for drinks after a busy day sunbathing at the beach.
5-minute day-to-night beach hair
The best summer-time hair looks effortless and slightly undone, and on summer’s sweltering days, styling it should be just as effortless. All you need is five minutes – even if your day on the sand is followed by a night on the town.
1. Part your hair into four sections.
2. One by one, brush each section towards the crown, wrap around your finger and pin.
3. Spray with a light hold, like Living Proof Flexible Hold Hairspray, and wrap a chic printed scarf around your head.
After showering and dressing, unpin each section and shake out your hair.
The most beautiful waves, perfect for dinner, cocktails, or anywhere the night takes you.
Try out these beauty tips and you will look amazing this summer. With gorgeous wavy hair and sun-kissed skin, you will be the envy of all your friends!