How does a diffuser work?
For people who have heard about the health benefits of essential oils, the chances are that they’ve also heard about diffusers and are planning to include them into a daily routine. Many people turn to essential oils to relieve themselves of daily stresses at home or in the workplace. A natural way to destress is aromatherapy, which uses a diffuser.
Types of diffusers and how they work
Diffusers are plant medicine delivery instruments that help reap the health benefits of plants. They come in different sizes, shapes and types but they have a common function: to fill the surrounding air with various essential oil blends so that you feel your best. Check out Mor Boutique to find various diffusers to choose from.
This type of diffuser needs water to work and works just like humidifiers. It’s extra useful in dry climates or during the cold months. An ultrasonic diffuser mists water and essential oils and then spreads it into the air of a room.
This kind of diffuser doesn’t need water to work. Instead, it uses an atomiser to produce fine particles from the essential oil, which is then spread into the air by the nebulising diffuser. The mist produced by this kind of diffuser is extremely potent since the essential oil hasn’t been diluted with water.
Evaporative fan diffusers
An evaporative fan diffuser works by evaporating the essential oil. When using this type of diffuser, the user needs to soak an absorbent pad inside the diffuser with drops of essential oil and then allow it to evaporate. As the oil evaporates, the mist is then spread through a fan that is found in the device. Some models are simple and only use natural air to carry the particles of essential oils and spread it across the room.
This type of diffuser uses warmth to evaporate essential oils. Some models don’t use electricity and use candles instead to the heat oil. It’s probably the least expensive kind of diffuser but it’s not suitable for places where open flames aren’t allowed.
Using a diffuser for aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is becoming a popular way to revitalise the senses. Some people find aromatherapy useful at home or when they’re working. Whether they want to enjoy a peaceful night of sleep, destress or if they want to improve their focus at work, using essential oils in a diffuser is easy.
Here are some helpful tips to remember:
1. Once a type of diffuser is chosen, place the essential oil diffuser in its container. Be sure that the container is tightly sealed and that the air vents are clear.
2. Remove the filter and cap before placing the essential oil into the diffuser and then fill the container with the proper amount of essential oil.
3. It’s important to keep the essential oil diffuser clean by regularly wiping it down with a damp cloth. Clean the diffuser regularly to prevent the unit from getting clogged with dust and other particles.
4. Most essential oil diffusers are designed to be used indoors. They should be placed on tables and desks where they’re away from direct sunlight.
5. Always remember to follow all necessary safety precautions when using a diffuser. Read the instruction manual carefully and follow the directions. Never spray essential oils near flammable objects, as it may cause an explosion.
6. Consider room size when selecting a diffuser. Choose one which fits in with the shape and size of the room. If unsure, ask someone at the store to measure it.
7. For those living in a large area, perhaps opt for units which will work in large volumes. This allows a constant misting effect without having to worry about running out of the mist while still keeping the room warm.
8. These units are extremely affordable and can last for several years before a replacement is needed. Save money in the long term by choosing a high-quality one over purchasing a new model every year or so.
Diffusers can be an excellent way of bringing out the best in essential oil fragrances. By providing a subtle aroma in the air, they allow you to enjoy the scent without having to use overpowering amounts. They also add extra drama and interest to a bathroom and kitchen. When purchasing essential oil diffusers, make sure that to choose one that suits your needs and preferences.
The editorial unit