The Deep Blue Sea giveaway!
This beautiful and stylish adaptation of Terence Rattigan’s 1952 play, winner of critical acclaim for its theatrical release in 2010,The Deep Blue Sea is out on DVD and Blu-ray today, 2nd April 2012. The Deep Blue Sea plays a deep homage not only to 1950s post-war London but also to the woe and pitty-falls of relationships in general.
Through an interesting connection with sound, Director Terence Davies manages to enthral and encapsulate the viewer from the very moment this film starts, setting the tone, pace and era perfectly and representing the characters on screen exquisitely; Hester Collyer (Rachel Weisz) gives a deeply emotive performance as a privileged but intensely troubled woman, torn between life and lust.
Powerful spot-sounds set this film apart from others I have seen in a long time, drawing attention to snippets of reality we take for granted. Perhaps this is what Davis is trying to highlight as a reason behind Hester estranged decisions and mixed emotions?
Hester really does have a rollercoaster of a time as the film plays out, her life changes dramatically only to bring her back down to earth and crashing back into reality at full pelt. Suicide, self-pity and hatred are on the cards only to be replace by love, lust and sexual tension.
A dark, rich, tragic and pensive piece of story-telling, The Deep Blue Sea highlights Davis as one-to-watch in the world of off-beat film making.
The Deep Blue Sea comes to DVD and Blu-ray on 2nd April 2012, a timeless love story for both old school romantics and new-wave lovers alike.
To have a chance to win The Deep Blue Sea on DVD (worth £19.99), take a minute to answer the question below and send your answer to email@example.com together with your full name and address. The competition ends 30th April 2012.
When was The Deep Blue Sea first shown to an audience?
Terms & conditions:
- This promotion is open to UK residents only
- Closing date is 30th April 2012
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated, the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions
- Winners will be picked at random and contacted by the host site. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of confirmation of delivery address
- Prize consists of 1 x DVD of The Deep Blue Sea
- The editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.