Summer 2014 trend: tropical
If you’re having a tropical-themed party this summer, you’re in luck. There are tropical print items all over the high street.
Here is a selection of items that will help you achieve one of the key looks for summer 2014.
- Oasis tropical cami dress, £32.
- American Apparel unisex tropical short-sleeve button-up with pocket, £48.
- Apricot tropical night jungle kimono, £20.
- Boohoo.com Monica tropical print strappy playsuit, £10.
- Quiz green and purple tropical print midi skirt, £14.99.
- Desireclothing.co.uk purple and pink tropical print skirt, £12.
- Dorothy Perkins black tropical jumpsuit, £35.
- Fashion Union tropical printed vest top in purple, £15.
The key to doing this trend is to stick to print only on the top or the bottom if you’re opting for trousers or skirts. If you’re wearing a skirt or trousers, opt for a plain top. If you’re going for a printed top, stick with plain bottoms.
If you’re brave enough to wear a dress, jumpsuit or playsuit keep your accessories minimal. Opt for gold jewellery, maybe something tribal. In terms of bags and shoes, try and pick a colour from the print so that it co-ordinates with your outfit.