Original recipe of the week: Chocolate “pizza”
A different kind of pizza, not your usual cheese and tomato with a bready base. This is a pizza for the chocolate lovers out there. Sweet, nutty and the perfect, after-dinner, sweet-tooth snack. We love the idea of having pizza every day of the week and now you can with our little chocolate pizza bites – you don’t even have to feel guilty if you have pizza for your mains – enjoy guilt-free!
Cooking time: 2 hours
What you will need:
200g dark chocolate (or milk chocolate if your prefer it)
150g chopped hazelnuts
80g dried cranberries
80g dried blueberries
1 handful of fresh mint – chopped
Icing sugar to dust
What you need to do:
- Break the chocolate into small chunks inside a microwave-safe bowl. Place it in the microwave on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with cling-film and remove the chocolate from the microwave.
- Add a tbsp of chocolate onto the cling-film and smooth into a rough circle. Continue this action until you have used up all of the chocolate but make sure the portions are evenly spaced out.
- Top the melted chocolate with the nuts, dried fruit and fresh mint leaves, and dust with icing sugar.
- Place in the fridge until set – this should take approximately two hours.
- When set simply peel from the cling-film to serve.