Original recipe of the week: Love Weekend Blondies
The most romantic weekend of the year can only be continued with the most romantic gesture…something hand-made and straight from the heart. What better than a baked labour of love to woo your loved one? A tasty treat to fill their tum and warm their heart. Substitute the thyme for blueberries if you don’t like the savoury twist.
Cooking time: 45 minutes
What you will need:
250g plain flour
25g chopped thyme leaves
80g melted white chocolate
2 tbsp warm milk
75g unsalted butter
1 pinch of salt
175g golden caster sugar
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat the oven to 210°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients including the thyme in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and add to the dry mixture and then combine.
- Melt the butter along with the white chocolate for approximately one minute, but make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Now add the melted butter and chocolate to the the rest of the ingredients and mix again until you have a dough-like consistency.
- Place the dough in the lined baking tray and place in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden on the top.
- Remove and cut into your desired shape as soon as it comes out of the oven and leave to cool for 2- 3 minutes. These blondies are best eaten warm and gooey – enjoy!